Saturday, March 1, 2014

Celebrate this week~ My favorite time of the week!

It's my favorite time of the week! The time when I sit down and reflect on my week and open my eyes to all I have to celebrate in my life. I feel so blessed to have everything I dreamed of having since I was about seven, a healthy family, the opportunity to work with young minds and colleagues that inspire me everyday and of course this motivating and supportive online community! (Now,  an online learning community was not even on my radar at seven, it's an added bonus!) Thank you Ruth for this amazing community!


1. Friday night was a great ending to a long week. I topped off the week by meeting old friends at a local church to work on a community meal packing project. After the service project was completed we all gathered for dinner. We shared stories of our week, our classes and our families. Laughter was abundant and we all vowed to not let so much time pass before we do it all again.


2. Well, this celebration comes with great anticipation! Friday I invited my class to join the  30 Day Slice of Life Writing Challenge. I was thrilled when the class applauded the idea and 17 out 21 kids signed up! Fingers crossed!          


3. Well, I am anxiously celebrating this next piece….I have also committed to the 30 Day Writing Challenge! I am committing because I have always enjoyed writing and if my kids are doing it I can too! We will support each other on the days that are hard and share encouraging comments along the way! I can't wait to see what happens!



4. I have been refining, adjusting and modifying our math workshop for months! This week I think I finally have something that works for the kids and me! I have been devouring @kassiaowedekind book Math Exchanges and last Saturday I had the opportunity to hear Kassia talk about math at The Dublin Literacy Conference! The timing of this was ideal for me, more on the refinements and how they are benefiting our mathematicians in an upcoming post.



5. Tonight my family and I will attend our youngest daughters dance performance La Bayadere & Grimm Unraveled performed by the Repertory Company. The dancers have been working on this piece for a few months and seem especially excited. I can't wait to see their performance, all the girls dance
with such passion and determination. My daughter has warned me, we will need tissues.







3 comments:

  1. I hope you and your students will enjoy writing during March. There is no kidding - it is a challenge, but it can still be fun and it will certainly be a learning experience. I didn't know you were a mother of a dancer. Me too, but my daughter is into dance sport (ballroom). Dancing is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week Deb! I am very intrigued by the math book you shared. I don't teach math, but I will share it with my partner teacher. Kudos to you for signing up for the slice. Life challenge and for getting your kids inspired too! Enjoy your daughter's dance recital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to hear more about the small group math work. I'm also excited to hear how the writing challenge pans out for you and the students. Good luck! Will we get to see samples? :)

    ReplyDelete