Friday, March 24, 2017

Let's Reach OUR Potential: SOLSC Day 24

On occasion, I hear people talk about blogging, tweeting, and general sharing as bragging.  The first time I heard this, it halted my blogging and sharing.  I didn't want people to think I was being boastful or looking for attention.  As time went on, I felt like my teaching was lacking something.  That something was my blogging, tweeting, and general sharing with a network of friends.

In my effort to sort this all out I commented to my youngest daughter, Olivia, who never ceases to amaze me with her innocent wisdom.  "I don't share about my teaching to say, we are amazing or I am amazing. I share because I want everyone to know what kids can do and I want others to share with me too. I want everyone to learn together"  Olivia remarked, "So just tell them that." Seriously! Why hadn't I thought of this?

Yesterday, I saw this meme on Facebook, and I was immediately reminded of Olivia's advice.  I am sharing this with you, the Slice of Life community and I invite you to share it should you find yourself in a similar situation.


2 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE this! The world needs more helping, not competing. 😀 ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I think of all the ways this community has inspired me to be a better teacher, a better reader, a better writer, and a better person. Not to mention the belly laughs that I get as I read certain posts. Definitely a mental health boost too.

    ReplyDelete