Friday, March 23, 2018

3 Little Head Games I Play: SOL Day 23


Today is the last day of spring break.  I should point out it is the last weekday of the break. THinking of today in this manner helps me settle into the weekend knowing and accepting what Monday brings. 

I play this little games like this with myself to help me adjust to the inevitable.

I have a few more of these little games. 

Would you like to hear them?


  1. Tell people you're about seven or ten years older than you are.  They'll think, "Wow, you look amazing!"
  2. Start saying your child is their up and coming age about four months before their birthday.  Pre-announcing the number allows you time to adjust. Now, you won't be sad on the actual birthday. 
  3. When I am shopping for clothes, I always take in my size and one size larger.  And, I  ALWAYS try on the larger size first.  Feeling how big this size helps take the sting out of the size I actually need.  I started the size game because once upon a time I arrogantly said, "If I ever need to by a double-digit size I am not shopping!"  This haughty comment was long before marriage, four pregnancies, the long-standing tradition of Friday night pizza and Saturday morning doughnuts. 

3 comments:

  1. I love your little games you play but I really like your last line
    "This haughty comment was long before marriage, four pregnancies, the long-standing tradition of Friday night pizza and Saturday morning doughnuts." I have now walked away from the pizza and the doughnuts so I can find that smaller size again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That clothing game is one I play, too!

    ReplyDelete