Tuesday, February 21, 2017

My Sick Day: Slice Of Life

Today,  I am home from school with a sore throat, sniffles, watery eyes, sneezing, coughing and fever CRUD!  I don't take days for me. I am a get to school tough it out kind of girl so when the fever hit I knew the battle was over!

Crud 1 Me 0

So today my classroom is my couch, and I am noticing a few odd things. One, daytime T.V. isn't for me!  A pillow form the bed makes the couch fantastically comfortable! Writing passes the time faster than reading, and when I am not feeling great, reading makes me sleep!  I am also noticing my house has many strange noises during the day.  The day noises are different than the night noises.  Somehow spookier!  My cat actually does sleep all day, and Siri will play random songs if you say " Hey, Siri play music! I am listening to songs I haven't heard for YEARS!



And the best one...
These 2  forbidden items made my throat feel better, and no one even knows I caved, except my cat who also loves chips!


9 comments:

  1. Forbidden items always make one's throat feel better. Glad that you gave in once the fever hit. And you're read, reading is tough when you're sick. It always makes me sleepy too! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daytime television isn't for me either! (Hence the reason I DVR so much and watch it whenever I'm home during the daytime.)

    Feel better soon, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew Pepsi & chips had healing qualities! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And nobody knows, but the entire community who is reading this post! :) You know I love a good cold Pepsi!
    Sure hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care my friend. Hopefully I will see you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well but did you really think you were keeping the Pepsi and chips a secret when you published it on the internet? I think both of those would hurt your throat - I think your love for them over came the possible hurt. Always, take time to heal yourself - it's important with chips and Pepsi or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better! Salt always makes my throat feel better when I am sick. I hope the day of rest helped! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how you feel because I had acute sinusitis last month and may have a recurrence coming on. I even wrote a post about it. It's hard to enjoy yourself when you are ill but I see that you have comfort food with you. Feel better, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you aren't feeling well! I knew Diet Coke and chips had healing qualities, didn't know it was also true of Diet Pepsi.

    ReplyDelete